Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Harried Life and a Racoon Part 1


6/26/14 


Wednesday night I brought home some groceries... I  unloaded them all out of the trunk and up onto the front porch to then bring them in the house. Thursday morning I get up and getting ready for work. I open the refrigerator and the door FELL OFF. I mean literally fell off the the fridge and just missed my toes. Naturally all contents of the door fall to the floor and the milk opens up to spill all over. I call Wayne to hurry him home...when he does arrive he asks me if I forgot something on the porch last night? OMG! I forgot the bag of cat food... now there is a shredded bag of cat food spilled all over the front porch. As if the raccoons around here aren't abundant enough and now I am feeding them! I dumped what was left on the bag into the cat's food container and the rest I swept into a pile and then could not find the dustpan. In the meantime, I am needing to clean up the floor full of milk, put away the contents of the door, clean myself off from the milk that splashed up on me and get dressed and ready for work. At this point I am so hot and sweaty, I literally have sweat dripping down my back and my hair is WET! I had to take another shower that would put me behind, so I call into work to explain as briefly as I can about my insane morning... I am fortunate to work for and with some amazing people, so they understood. My husband on the other hand... he was decided since I was already going to be late, could I help him find this and that and oh yeah I need you to order the part for the refrigerator so I can fix... Some days you just cannot escape the crazy! Thankfully it was the end of the week and I was only an hour late. Although I missed all the excitement at work... alarm getting set off,  911 phone call, and of course then I have to endure the teasing about my refrigerator door. We had our open house for the new building until 6:30 so I was really looking forward to getting home and sitting on the porch for a while before having to rush around and pack for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment