Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Roseanne: Desperately Seeking June Cleaver"

6/28/14

I try to keep things light and humorous in my life in general so those are the things I blog about. However, with job hunting, and health issues for both Wayne and myself the last couple of years I have not been terribly successful in finding the funny... After some serious introspection I am determined to just be me, no apologies, no backing down, just be real and say what I mean and mean what I say. My husband and his mom have been a great influence in teaching me that. If I am not married to you, if I don't owe you any money and if you don't sign my paychecks then suck it up buttercup because this girl is NOT going to answer to you! I have known this and felt this way for a long time but I admit I have lost my way, allowing negativity to seep back into my life. Let me tell you something..."Ain't nobody got time for dat!!"(Thank you Sweet Brown for this)

I have chosen to surround myself with people who make me feel good about myself; when I am annoyed by something I will let you know. I am not going to be whispering behind your back and saying things I wouldn't say to your face, you never know who is going to be listening and repeating what is being said and quite honestly I am not in high school anymore, I am entitled to feel any damn way I please and it's about damned time I own those feelings and without consequence! If you don't like what I have to say, or if I do or DON'T do something you feel should have or should not have been done, oh well. If that makes me a bad friend, then I guess I'm a bad friend and why would you want to be friends with someone like me then?

Moving forward for this next chapter of my life I am seeking peace. Sure there will be drama and arguments but the key for me is to find the humor and keep it to a minimum. I will watch reality TV, any of the Real Housewives franchises, or almost anything on Bravo TV will give me the daily dose of drama I seek.

I hope to have more posts regarding my "Roseanne: desperately seeking June Cleaver" lifestyle to entertain and amuse you all as well as myself! Now... Let the FUN begin!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment